Subsurface drilling, sampling and engineering recommendations
A GTS geotechnical report provides site-specific information regarding subsurface conditions at your project site.
The geotechnical report provides the foundation for the design of the project by documenting the expected interaction between the structure and the supporting soils and rock.
The geotechnical engineering report provides information for the project owner, architect, structural engineer, general civil engineer, and contractor to use for project design and cost estimation.
In general, this information includes:
- Presence/absence of problematic soils below the planned building and pavement areas
- Presence/absence of rock or hard layers which would require rock excavation techniques to penetrate
- Foundation support options
- Pavement and floor slab support options
- Pavement designs
- Anticipated undercut depths during wet and dry periods of the year
GTS has the capability to drill inside existing structures, with ceilings as low as eight feet. The equipment is mounted to the existing floor, and hydraulic jacks work in combination with samplers to extract soil samples.
GTS determines transmissivity and storage coefficient of low-permeability rocks by in-situ measurements using the constant head injection test, using testing method ASTM D4630 – 96(2008).
Ground Penetrating Radar
- Locating buried utilities
- Detection of voids beneath slabs on grade
- Detection of ground cavities
- Mapping of bedrock depth
- Scanning of reinforced concrete and masonry block structures
- Road pavement and airport runway inspection
- Foundation investigation
- Archaeological and geological surveys
Field Vane Shear Testing
Field investigation of undrained shear strength of soft to medium stiff clays.
Field Resistivity Testing
GTS provides soil resistivity testing incorporated with geotechnical borings to locate different soil and rock strata and to map geologic structures.
Contract Drilling Services
GTS can provide contract geotechnical and environmental drilling services.